Date: Since October 2013 on
Place: Carmo da Cachoeira, Minas Gerais
A permanent mission centered in the city where the global headquarters of Fraternidade is located, with a double objective: to give humanitarian assistance to the needy community, dependent on the seasonal work in coffee cultivation, especially between April and August, and identify people with vocation for the missionary work, benefitting from the structure of the headquarters of the entity. With this in mind, missionary experiences are carried out, as well as trainings and conditioning for emergencies and humanitarian help. The guidance is given by the Missionary Academy, which watches for the principles and values of Fraternidade and aims at facilitating a consolidated formation for all those who feel in themselves the call for dedication to the missionary.
- Formation of missionaries for activity in future humanitarian missions
- Humanitarian and social assistance to the local community, including:
- Visits and assistance to hospitals, homes for the elderly, schools, residences, associations like Alcoholic and Narcotic Anonymous, houses of rehabilitation of chemical addicts, crèches, Santa Fe Colony, dedicated to victims of Hanseniasis, garbage dump, communitarian and social undertakings, besides support to rural communities.
- Home visits for attendance involving physical and mental health, feeding, conflict management, animal attention, castration and adoption, support to family vegetable gardens, donation of furniture, clothes and home articles.
- Workshops for making unexpensive bricks, artisanship and sewing.
- Playful and recreational activities for children and donation of educational material.