Distribution includes clothes, footwear, objects of personal use, utensils, etc. This activity is carried out in the Shed of Saint Joseph, in Carmo da Cachoeira, Minas Gerais, Brazil. The food that is donate for free.
Visits for the identification of the needs of families, both of material necessities and needs of prayer or support in general.
Basic health care, distribution for castration, rescue and assistance in animal emergencies, in cases of accidents and birth of animals, among others.
Attention to the residents (hair and nail cut, fraternal talk, tidying up of bedrooms and rooms in general, distribution of clothes food and prayer)
Weekly participation in the meetings and support of the alcoholics.
1- Assistance to homeless families or those who are in a precarious life situation, unemployed persons, rural area dwellers without a dignified life condition and without food security, persons with chemical -, drug – or alcohol -addiction.
2- As a place of temporary lodging, the House of Saint Joseph for Humanitarian Help receives homeless persons, or those without the possibility of private lodging, offering food, clothes, overnight stay, clothes washing, bus ticket purchase to the city of destination and distribution to places of recovery.
3- Support of those attended by the House of Saint Joseph for Humanitarian Help in medical consultations, visits to prisons, support or referral for obtaining a job, among other needs.
Scheduling of periodic visits for the development of joint activities, aiming at supplying the needs of the moment.
Donations can be received both in Carmo da Cachoeira and in the neighboring towns, when it is not possible for the donor to send the goods to the House of Saint Joseph for Humanitarian Help. The Missionaries of Peace also have a large room at the headquarters of the Fraternidade – International Humanitarian Federation, where they receive donations of clothes and footwear, to be sorted, before they are redirected for donation.
They may be sent for weekly distribution to the population of Carmo da Cachoeira or to be distributed to other institutions with which the Missionaries of Peace have a working relationship.
- Vida Viva (Living Life), in Boa Esperança: assistance to patients with cancer, in collaboration with House Light on the Hill.
- Asilo do Grupo das Samaritanas (Refuge of the Group of the Samaritans), in Nepomuceno: monthly visit to the residents (fraternal talk, help in feeding, group prayer).
- Palmital Neighborhood: home visits, donations of clothes, footwear, food and prayer.
- Casa de Serviço (House of Service), in Varginha: support in the tidying up of the house, donations of clothes, footwear, among others and prayer.
- Associação Cristã Betesda (Chistian Association Betesda), in Varginha: support to the association that houses mens beings in the process of recovery from drug addiction.
- Hospital de Oncologia Bom Pastor Hospital of Oncology Good Shepherd) and sister Associations – Viva Vida (Living Life) and Novos Ventos (New Winds), in Varginha: distribution of clothes, footwear and food for patients with cancer and their relatives.
Support to the group work of castration and in the harmonization of the facility.
In the Hut of Saint Joseph, the missionary group offers activities that aim for the development of skills and the professional training of poor residents in: sewing, artisanship, carpentry, masonry, electricity, cooking, among others. Today, the Hut functions as a place where all kinds of donations received are packaged and given. These include clothes, footwear, clothing accessories, stoves, refrigerators, various pieces of furniture and electronic devices.
In addition, the hut will be used for the operation of a brick factory, in which the town inhabitants will be able to make bricks themselves for their own houses, with some support from the group of missionaries of peace in the organization of the activity and in the acquisition of the building materials.