Date: June 2016
Place: Ciudad del Este, Paraguay
Humanitarian aid to indigenous peoples is once again the main objective of this recurrent mission. After an assessment of the situation of indigenous communities in Paraguay, the initial attention of the Missionaries of the Fraternity – International Humanitarian Federation (FIHF), was concentrated in seven Mbya-Guarani and Ava-Guarani indigenous communities, which are the most needy, extremely poor and vulnerable, as their members have no land and obtain their livelihood by working in the garbage dump of Ciudad del Leste. The first group encountered a situation of extreme poverty and was inspired to guide these communities to find ways to improve the quality of their lives.
- Distribution of medicines and medical assistance to diseases, especially respiratory and skin diseases, caused by work in the garbage dump of the city.
- Distribution of hygiene kits, dental attendance, education and fostering of oral health.
- Cleaning and harmonization of settlements, maintenance of dwellings and reconstruction of space of prayer.
- Construction of lids for water wells to prevent infectious diseases.
- Workshop of construction of solar stove.
- Donations of non-perishable food, blankets and educational material.