Date: November 2012, February 2013 and April 2013
Place: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
The country received three humanitarian missions in a row, which opened a cycle of missions carried out in the African continent. They were all done in support to the work carried out by the Missionaries of Charity of Mother Teresa of Calcutta, dedicated to the poorest among the poor[WU23]. The efforts of the volunteers of Fraternidade had as main focus the greatest house-hospital-home for the elderly operated by the Missionaries of Charity in the world, facilities that shelter about one thousand people in Addis Ababa, capital of Ethiopia. In the simplicity of the activities conducted, the opportunity of radiating patterns of an existence guided by harmony, selfless service, readiness, joy and boundless love[WU24].
- Attendance to the internees in the areas of Tuberculosis (TBC), HIV-AIDS, Psychiatry, Hanseniasis and the physically disabled, providing dressings, baths and feeding.
- Support in service to feeding of the homeless and street-dwellers.
- Assistance to the process of death in terminal patients (Thanatology).
- Playful-recreational activities and hygiene cares for disabled children.
- Support in laundry service.